Thursday, February 13, 2014

days we call 'this blur'...

What our Super Bowl Sunday evening looked like, before nearly catching the house on fire. Oops! All that was lost was that little card someone wrote to me in, that of course was so fitting for Valentine's day decor. Guess the blower on the fireplace is more powerful than I realize! I sure am thankful for the warmth it gives during these very cold cold days!

Not just for lovers. We celebrate so much more. First given to us, so that we then can give freely. It's beautiful really. And I can get on board with that. The cheap tacky teddy bears? Not so much.

Now this was interesting. Who knew making fun would be so hard to do? Well I did. Which is probably why this little endeavor, though always in the back of my mind to do, had always remained just there... in the back of my mind. But alas! Spontaneity is the name of the season we're living in and so, one Saturday afternoon I trekked out into the woods with these three hooligans for some hot coco and our read aloud. Once we got past the bad attitudes (seriously?! I'm going to be giving you hot coco!) of which nothing a good hardy stern pep talk couldn't bring those wandering by the way-side back to the straight and narrow, all FUN was beheld! Really. And I'm so glad we persevered to make this memory.



 Table settings by the light of the...SUN!

I think I know! Gabe and I will look back on these wearisome days and probably not remember much about them. Here. Gone. In the blink of an eye. My parents tell me this, "You'll lose a decade or so of your life and you won't remember much." So... I'm taking pictures of these relentless days just to remember we lived through them and did so abundantly. Even if we don't really remember them all that well.

This was my view from the island after lunch today.  And I love it. I really really do! 

I only ever wanted babies. Lots of them. With a home and a husband of course. However, sometimes I wonder, Honestly Lord, what was I ever thinking?! I had no idea how hard this would be. How stretching. How challenging. And I'm just not cut out for it, with the truth of the  matter being, I'm not! On my own I am not. He gives grace and He calls me to die to myself daily so that I might find life more abundantly, in Him. There is joy and beauty to withhold but only as a result of His work and grace in my life. I pray it shows. I want to display His grace in my life. He has been so good, so faithful to me.


This quote is on my fridge for a reason. I need the reminder often!

"The average woman, if she gives her full time to her home, her husband, her children... will be engaged in a life work that will demand every ounce of her strength, every bit of her patience, every talent God has given her, the utmost sacrifice of her love. It will demand everything she has and more. And she will find that for which she was created. She will know that she is carrying out the will of God. She will partner with the Sovereign Ruler of the universe."
Catherine Marshall, quoting her father, Peter Marshall

When I read partner with the Sovereign Ruler of the universe? No wonder we as moms can do what we're called to do. Where He appoints, He anoints!

Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment