Wednesday, February 5, 2014

mission accomplished...

Taken earlier this week when it was sunny, but this was me again today.

Fun is remembering you have snow shoes from high school (somewhere!), finding them, opening them up like it's Christmas morning, putting them on, and walking laps around the open property line while taking turns pulling the kids on the sled. Since the bike down in the basement bores me to near DEATH and jump roping for several weeks started to take a toll on my knees and back (it was fun while it lasted!) I'm happy to have found something I like, meaning... I don't feel like I'm exercising. I become lost in thoughts and prayers. Being outside? Even better. My kids thinking I'm totally awesome too? Funny and fun.

I join in on healthy heart wanna be. So when I pause to listen close to the door for babies restless in their play station or awake in their crib and I feel my heart throbbing in my chest, I think...

mission accomplished!

A happy baby and a sleeping toddler means a couple more times around before I call it a day. My thoughts wander...

I tuned into the debate last night well after it had started. I was completely unaware it was in the works. A friend passed along her current break in routine watching it. As soon as I saw the face of Ken Ham, I was instantly brought back to the color navy blue. I loved that machine sewn school uniform jumper my mom had made for all us girls. He had come for a special chapel while in the area and shared on creation.

I wasn't so sure I really wanted to embrace where it would inevitably end this time around though, from a reasonable man's point of view, as quoted often by Bill Nye, the opponent. And sure enough, he (Bill) had much more swagger, engaged with his audience better, and even had the hip bow-tie to boot. See Babe, you could wear one!

But the more I watched the more I realized, although this really must sound like hog-wash to that 'reasonable man', truth of the matter, it will just that...sound like hog-wash. Unless you've been met, changed, transformed, the veil lifted, and eyes opened it is going to seem absolutely LUDICROUS! 

I get that.

But it wasn't all ludicrous last night, I thought anyways. So what we came out the under-dog from a debate stand point? I kinda had a hunch that would be the outcome without warning.

There was a platform last night and truth was spoken. About Creator God, who loves His children and sent His Son to die for them because they had no other way to save themselves. That couldn't have been more solid. Made in HIS image. ALL life, sacred, because of such. The elderly. The unborn.

I don't need my fossil dating to line up just so to know what He has done for me, in me. I was lost and now I'm found. I was blind and now I see. He has done a work in me no one person or any other thing could ever do. I know exactly where and who I'd be without Him and it's ugly. And that's enough for me! 

Man, you can have your reason. There's an infinite God who loves you. If you look with your heart it's written in the stars.

He loves you! And from that stand point I thought...

Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment