Tuesday, July 16, 2013

a party...


Sophia turned 5 on July 3rd. It was a Wednesday. When plans fell through for us all to make the trek to Schroon Lake that coming weekend for some combined hang out/Great Escape time/squeeze in a celebration for Sophia (3 weeks postpartum and I just wasn't feeling quite where I had hoped I would be, though which really didn't come as a surprise!) I did the only other logical thing and planned a little party here during Lemuel's most fussy time frame!

We invited some special little girls over to join in on the fun. I also lined up someone to be here to help me knowing I would most likely be tending to a little Lem's needs. Boaz is a job in and of himself outside. The release from overseeing him at all times was such a blessing. Lemuel actually didn't fuss at all and slept in his swing peacefully in between feedings.

Gabe's mom ended up being able to scoot away from her very busy B&B season for the afternoon to surprise the birthday girl! The look on Sophia's face and squeal of excitement when Grandma!? rolled in... priceless!

What's more fitting for a July birthday than a pool party with ice cream cake? At least that is what the birthday girl requested, as well as a steak dinner and famous around here: seasoned potato french fries and salad. Of course there was a far share of dress up and pretend and all that fun stuff down in the cool of the basement.

As scattered brained as I felt, it definitely goes down as one of the most special little gatherings we've had in our home. Not a lot of hoop-la planning and preparing. It was simple. It was fun. It was last minute. It was special. Little friends each readily and willingly took turns among the adults saying something they loved or were thankful for about their friend Sophia. I was touched as I know Sophia was.

Pics from the special afternoon/evening...
















No comments:

Post a Comment