Saturday, January 11, 2014

remember when?

You were asked to be a flower girl? And once I described to you the honor at hand you quickly pieced together from others' weddings this desirable job. Then you floated on air, basically.

Remember when you got your dress, tried it on, twirled all over the place, and asked EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY from then on if you could wear it to church? You were cute and persistent but I stuck to my guns.

Remember when we took Grandma to the flea market (Grandma LOVES the flea market!) and you and I found that curling iron for $1? You found that ring and sparkly Barrett for your hair too, for a grand total of (including the curling iron) $3.

Remember then we 'practiced' with the curling iron and you were beyond excited to show Daddy when we were done?

Then the trip came. And we went to the rehearsal, just you, Lem and I. You were such a blessing and sweet and everything that makes you, you. Then remember we headed back to the boys because it was getting late and we ordered room service?! That was fun. AND good.

Remember how you watched with such anguish in your heart when the bride danced her last dance with her daddy? It broke daddy's heart and mine in half and I cried just thinking of you all grown up. You have such a good daddy. But this, you already knew. I saw it in your eyes.

Sophia, with the name just like your great great great grandmother, you are a blessing to me!

And you were so beautifully special that day in every single way, soaking up someone else's joy and making it your very own. What a gift to have such a fine young lady (Livvy), who loves Jesus, to look up to. And boy do you ever. 

I love you!















No comments:

Post a Comment