Saturday, January 18, 2014

sick in pictures...

I know so many have been hit with this. What a sneaky little virus. I'm thankful to be over the hump of it in terms of numbers but we keep plugging along in the 'getting better department'. Gabe remains untouched by it all. Praise God for that one!


The kids did so much of this. What an unusual sight around these robust and active parts! I wanted to be here but couldn't. I'd pay for that later. Fortunately, Gabe was able to work from home the day it all caught up with me.  


All but this child got the fever. He never really slowed down even after developing the cough we all have. He kept things sweet (and interesting) covering me with blankets and pillows, making messes around every corner, and terrorizing his siblings unable to reciprocate. He's no dummy...


Gabe is such a trooper, braving the aisles for his beloved. He LOATHES this task but knows when I text him my list, it's desperate, as in... if you come home without this stuff you're drinking and eating water for dinner. Oh, and feeding the kids that too!

I'm not sure who he loves more, me or Pooh.

Wow, it was tricky to pull this off. Now I know why I never make it outside. Mom is needed.

Only a couple side effects from the medicine! Loopy eyes and strange teeth...

While he's dealing with the works now/still, I'm not sure what's sadder.... how sick he is and therefore miserable, or that when I go to get him now from his bed he's sitting like this. Cute but WAH!


This guy got hit the hardest. This was DAYS after his fever passed. He got the cold/cough. When he's down and out I KNOW it's bad. This kid never takes a break.

This really isn't that unsual for these two. They enjoy a good relax, but because this fell during 'sick week' I didn't motivate anyone to get up and go do something productive now

Texts, emails, phone calls (Marmee) came in from friends and family asking how we were all faring, often. I had flowers, tea, and honey delivered to my front door. Something about flowers, yellow, amid sickness. I am surely loved by many. 



Sick but showing me his trick of pretending to reach for something then returning to this position. Very proud of it too!

Yah... I wish I could say this was solely because of the state of our recent health, but I'm not so sure my record holds real strong. How does one acquire so many strewn about clothes when I've lived in the same two pajama pants all week? Obviously David Copperfield was here. He's good! 

That's just one of his illusion tricks! Don't let him fool you.

The sink windowsill lined with tricks when desperate. 


Upward started last night and this morning for the kids. Sophia has only been asking about practicing dribbling for weeks now when she then decided she'd be playing after years of a good hardy, NO. Also, her strong interest to watch football when it's on, since that will help her in basketball, sure gives us a chuckle.

Lemuel was up last night hot with fever, again. We'll keep plugging along. Lots of resting by the fire under more blankets. Tea with honey. Lots of books and movies to go around. 101 Dalmations, the movie, is a favorite on Netflix. All of the kids asleep (including myself) sometime between 7:30-8 o'clock. 

I'm thankful I have no where to go, ever. Thankful for a husband already busy to the brim who will gladly run around for me when I can't. True love. And thankful that with each passing day I see a little more improvement. 

January, I still like you. We usually end up sick with something when you come, but you help us take things slow. It's crisp out again and I like you like that.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you all for health and wholeness. We had a time when 7 of 8 of us was sick from both ends...like in little house on the prairie. Kris took care of us all. Always grateful for health, sunshiney days, movie marathons, naps, cuddlin', special offerings from those who love us. The Blessing of the Lord

    ReplyDelete